Monsieur de Rauzan acquired the seigneury in 1661 and is responsible for establishing the reputation of its wine. The estate was divided into two parts in 1785. The name of one of these, Rauzan-Gassies, very much reflects its historical roots. Since 1946, second growth Château Rauzan-Gassies has belonged to the Quié family.
Monsieur Paul Quié undertook a major vineyard renovation during the postwar period. This was finalized by his son, Jean-Michel, who took over management in 1968.
The nose develops aromas of violet, blackberry and blackcurrant.
On the palate, it is full and rich but also has very fine tannins following the style of Margaux wines.
We are not licensed to ship to the US, UK, CA
Free Delivery Mon-Sat from 9:00 am - Island of St Barths Only -