The La Mission Haut-Brion Domaine can trace its origins back to the 16th century. The de Lestonnac family owned the Domaine until the death of Olive de Lestonnac in 1664. The property was then bequeathed to the missionary community of the Lazarist monks, an order founded by St Vincent de Paul. It was seized during the French Revolution and sold at auction in 1792, passing through a number of hands until it was bought in 1919 by Frédéric Otto Woltner. This renowned wine merchant introduced ground-breaking processes for the era, such as glass-lined steel fermentation vats. When his descendants sold the property in 1983, it was immediately bought by the Dillon family, who had owned Château Haut-Brion since 1935. The two crus are produced by terroirs with different characteristics and have retained their distinctive personalities. The power of La Mission is often contrasted with the subtlety of Haut-Brion.
An intense, floral bouquet with rose petals and strawberry preserve, hints of sous-bois and tobacco gently unfolding in the glass, gaining more earthiness as it aerates in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, broad and spicy with hints of bell pepper suggesting high quality Cabernet Franc. It fans out gloriously with a sustained tertiary finish that completes what is a wondrous La Mission Haut-Brion
We are not licensed to ship to the US and Canada
Free Delivery Mon-Sat from 9:00 am - Island of St Barths Only -