The vineyard of Château Angélus is situated in a natural amphitheater overlooked by the three Saint-Emilion churches. In the middle of this special site, the sounds were amplified and the angelus bells could be heard ringing in the morning, at midday and in the evening. They cadenced the working day in the vineyards and villages, calling the men and women to stop their labors for a few minutes and pray. At the end of the 18th century in 1782, Jean de Boüard de Laforest, a King’s bodyguard, settled in Saint-Emilion. At the beginning of the 20th century, Maurice de Boüard de Laforest inherited the estate. He extended it, adding, in particular, a 3-hectare (7½-acre) enclosure named Angélus in 1920. He left it to his sons in 1945. Jacques and Christian de Boüard de Laforest continued their father’s work and that of previous generations. Blend: 60% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Franc.
Beautifully focused notes of figs and ripe fruit on the nose, this is very perfumed. A lot of material in this wine, the center palate is incredible, lasting for minutes.
Full-bodied and super silky with fine tannins. A pinpointed ball of fruit, think lychee, and hints of chocolate on the finish.
We are not licensed to ship to the US and Canada
Free Delivery Mon-Sat from 9:00 am - Island of St Barths Only -